- Enter the course you want to put a LOR object into.
- Click Content on the navbar.
- Select the module or sub-module where you want to place your LOR object.
- Click New and choose Add Object from LOR.
- In the resulting search box, type the term(s) you wish to search for, such as “Edcuation,” “Pedagogy,” etc. Click the Search button to return results.
NOTE: You can also browse the repositories by clicking the options below the search box titled “Course,” “Repository,” etc. You can also restrict your search to certain repositories by clicking “Show Repositories” and choosing the ones you’d like to search.
- Click the radio button next to the object you want to use and click Next.
- Choose how you want to insert the object into your course, then click Next.
- Dynamic Link to Newest Version – will put in a link that is always updated when the object is updated by the owner.
- Locked Link to This Version– will put in a link that is NOT automatically updated when the object is updated by its owner.
- Copy as Content – will create a copy of the object in Content. It will not be linked to the original in the LOR and will not be updated when changes are made.
NOTE: If the original is deleted, objects that were added using either the dynamic and locked link version will have a dead link in the content area. Only the Copy option will retain the object if it is deleted from the LOR. Links can be switched between Dynamic and Locked at will.
- Click Create Topic to add the object to the module selected earlier. This page will also display optional settings for the content, such as whether to open it in a new window.
- You should now see the LOR object listed under your selected module.
- Click the arrow next to any object that has been added using a link (either a dynamic link or a locked link).
- Choose Change Version.
- You can choose dynamic link or any of the versions that are present in the dropdown menu next to locked link.
- All versions of the file will be listed in the dropdown menu.
- You can change versions as often as you want.