Create sections to organize your questions into folders. You can do this in the Question Library, or while creating an assessment by clicking Add/Edit Questions on the Properties tab. Either of these areas is similar in functionality: one creates folders within the Question Library, while the other creates folders within an assessment. You can also import sections from the Question Library directly into a quiz or survey. Importing sections from the Question Library will transfer section folders and all of their associated properties (section name, messages, images, or feedback).
Create a section in the Question Library
- Go to Assessments on the navbar and then click Quizzes.
- From the Manage Quizzes screen, click the Question Library tab.
- Within the Question Library, click the New button and select Section.
- Enter the desired name for the section in the Section Name field.
- Enter a Message (optional). You can choose to display this message to users at the beginning of the section or repeated before each question in the section (refer to Step 8).
- Enter Private Comments (optional). These comments are for your personal use and can be viewed by only by those with faculty access to the course.
- You can add an image to the section by clicking the Add a File button and selecting the image you want to use. You can choose to display this image at the beginning of the section or repeated before each question in the section (refer to Step 8).
- Set your Display Options:
- show section name Displays the section name in quizzes and surveys that contain this section.
- insert a line break after section name Inserts extra space below the section name.
- display message and image
- Select display section message and image once to display these items once at the beginning of the section.
- Select repeat section message and image before each question to repeat both the message and image before each question in the section.