If students have trouble accessing your quiz using LockDown Browser, check the following:
The current version of LockDown Browser should be 2.0.2.05. Contact OTS if it is not.
- Students should always access the quiz through Content (or the Manage Quizzes page but that is not recommended). If students try to access the quiz through the link in the Update widget from the course homepage, they could get an error.
- After a course copy, faculty *must* access the LockDown Browser Dashboard to resynchronize all the settings. If you do not access the LockDown Browser Dashboard before the students take a quiz requiring LDB, your students may see the following error:
The solution is simply to access the LockDown Browser Dashboard by going to Assessments > Quizzes > LockDown Browser tab.
- If the title of the quiz is changed after the LDB settings are established, the “Fix It” button will return and have to be clicked again to resolve issues.
What to Try Now
- Go to the Quizzes page in your course.
- Click on the LockDown Browser tab.
This will show the LockDown Browser Dashboard listing of all quizzes and if they have LockDown browser or Monitor enabled or not.
- If you see an Alert asking you to "Application Respondus v4.0 by Respondus Inc is trying to access your information. Would you like to proceed?"
- Select the checkbox for "Do not ask me again for this application."
- Click Continue.
- If you see a “Fix It” button listed on a quiz, click it. This will fix the appropriate settings.
This should correct your LockDown Browser Dashboard settings.
- If you see Required in green, everything is good.
Still Having Trouble
- Try clicking the Fix it button again.
- Try shortening the password.
- Contact VTAC Chat.