Enrolling students in groups
Students are enrolled in groups based on the enrollment options selected on the New Category page. Use the Enroll Users page to:
- Manually enroll students in groups if you selected # of Groups – No Auto Enrollments.
- Manually change which group a student is enrolled in.
- Add students who enrolled late to a group if Auto Enroll New Users is not selected.
- Search for students who have not been assigned to a group.
Modify or add enrollment
- On the Manage Groups page, click Enroll Users from the context menu of the category that contains the group (or groups) you want to enroll a student in.
- Select the group you want from the Display drop-down list.
- Enter information in the Search For field to find for a specific student. You can do an empty Search to find all students.
TIP: Select the Not Enrolled search option to find students that still need to be added to a group.
- Select the check boxes beside students' name to add them to groups. Clear check boxes to unenroll students from groups.
- Click Save.
TIP: Manually enrolling students allows you to exceed the enrollment limit for a group.
Setting up self-enrollment in groups
Self-enrollment allows students to enroll in groups on their own. Use this option when you want students to have the freedom to choose their own group members or to be a part of a group on a topic that interests them.
Students can self-enroll in groups by clicking Communication on the navbar and choosing Groups. Then click the View Available Groups. Click the Join Group link next to the group the student would like to join.
Set up self-enrollment groups
- On the Manage Groups page, click New Category.
- Enter a Category Name and Description.
- Select "Groups of # - Self Enrollment" or "# of Groups – Self Enrollment" from the Enrollment Type drop-down list.
- Depending on the chosen Enrollment Type, enter the Number of Groups to create, or the Number of Users per group.
- Select Set Up Discussion Areas if you want to associate discussion areas with the groups in the category.
- Select Set Up Dropbox if you want to associate dropbox folders with the groups in the category.
- Click Save.