A checklist contains important or required assignments, readings, or other items to complete. Each checklist contains one or more categories, into which checklist items are organized. You must have checklist items for the checklist to show as completed on the content page.
- Go to Resources > Checklist.
- On the Checklists page, click New Checklist.
- On the New Checklist page, enter the name of the new checklist in the Name field.
- You can enter an optional Description.
- Select Open this checklist in a new window when viewed if you want the checklist to open in a new window when users access it. By default, checklists open in the current window.
- Click Save to save the new checklist. This brings you to the Edit Checklist page.
Making a Checklist Category
Every checklist must have at least one category. A category is a container for the actual list items.
- On the Checklists page, click on the checklist you want to add a category to.
- On the Edit Checklist page, click New Category.
- On the New Category page, enter a Name.
- You can enter an optional Description for the new category.
- Click Save to save the new category or Save and New to save it and create another one.
Creating a Checklist Item
- On the Checklists page, click on the checklist you want to add an item to.
- On the Edit Checklist page, click New Item.
- On the New Item page, do one of the following:
- Select a category for the item in the Category drop-down list.
- Click the New Category link to add a new category. In the New Category pop-up, enter a Name and optional Description for the new category and click Save.
- NOTE: Each item you create must belong to a category.
- Enter a Name for the new item. A description is optional.
- Set a due date by selecting the Due Date check box and selecting the appropriate date and time from the drop-down lists.
- Select Display in Calendar to make the item visible in the calendar for students.
- Click Save to save the new item or Save and New to save it and create another one.