See Connect a Quiz to a Rubric for information on how to connect a rubric to a quiz.
- Rubrics can serve as grading aids when assessing some types of quiz questions, such as written response questions.
- Rubrics tied to quizzes are NOT visible in the attempt details section. (Faculty members must click on Overall Grade in the Grade Quiz page to view the rubric.)
- Students can only see the rubric through the submission view.
- Rubrics have no direct connection to assigning quiz grades.
Grading a Quiz with a Rubric
- Click Course Activities on the navbar and choose Quizzes.
- Select Grade from the context menu next to the quiz title.
- Click on Overall Grade at the bottom of the attempt list to view the associated rubric.
- Complete the rubric.
- Click Save and Close.
- Once you have the rubric score, do one of the following:
- If you are using the rubric to score the entire quiz, click on the Attempt you want to assign the score to. Enter the rubric score in the Final Score field and click the Save and Close button.
- If you are using the rubric to score a single question, such as a Written Response question, click on the Attempt you want to assign the score to. Put the rubric score in the Score field for that question. Click the Save and Close button.
NOTE: Faculty cannot see a quiz rubric directly from the attempt (they must look at the overall grade), and an assessed rubric has no direct effect on the quiz grade. Students will only see the rubric if they look at the submission view.