See Connecting a Rubric to a Quiz for information on how to connect a rubric to a quiz.
- Rubrics can serve as grading aids when assessing some type of quiz questions, such as long answer essays.
- Rubrics tied to quizzes are NOT visible in the attempt details section. (The faculty member must click on Overall Grade in the Grade Quiz page to view the rubric).
- Students can only see the rubric through the Quiz review.
- Rubrics have no direct connection to assigning quiz Grades.
Grading a Quiz with a Rubric
- Click Assessments on the navbar and choose Quizzes. Select Grade from the context menu next to the quiz title.
- Click on Overall Grade at the bottom of the attempt list to view the associated Rubric.
- Complete the rubric.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Faculty cannot see a quiz rubric directly from the attempt (they must look at the overall grade), and an assessed rubric has no direct effect on the quiz grade. Students will only see the rubric if they look at the submission view.