In Brightspace the Grade column is called a Grade Item.
- Go to Grades > Manage Grades.
- Find the grade item you wish to delete and check the Association column to verify that it is not associated with an activity (quiz, dropbox, discussion).
- If there is an association, you will see the type of activity the grade item is associated with in the Association column.
- Click on the gray information (i) button to find out which activity the grade item is associated with.
- Go to that item in the course and change the the associated grade item to "None" so that it will no longer be associated with the grade item you wish to delete.
- Click More Actions and select Delete.
- Select the item(s) you want to delete then click the Delete button at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: If you are unable to select an item you wish to delete, it is because the item is still associated with an activity in the course. Refer to Step 2 above.