Sections are organizational folders (as opposed to Random Sections, which are functional). Sections are a good way to keep your questions organized. You can create a section in a Quiz or in the Question Library. The best use is in the Question Library. See Randomizing Quiz Questions to use Random Sections.
- Go to Assessments > Quizzes, and then click on Question Library.
- Click the New button.
- Select Section.
- Enter a name for the Section Name. For example, you may want to enter something meaningful such as Chapter 1 Question Library, Chapter 2 Question Library,
Chapter 3 Question Library, etc..
- Entering a Message is optional. Messages can be displayed to students if contents of the folder are used in a quiz.
- Entering Private Comments is optional. Anything you enter here can only be seen by instructors.
- Select Display Options.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page (you may need to move the scroll bar to the top to see the Save button).