The attendance register is commonly used for classes that meet in a physical classroom. But it could also be used for recording attendance at required field trips or clinical events.
Create a new Attendance Register
- Click on the New Register button.
- Enter the Name of your register, such as Attendance.
- Choose an Attendance Scheme. See Creating an Attendance Scheme to create your own.
- Enter a number indicating the % of attendance at which you intervene. (This is optional)
- Selecting Allow users to view this attendance register is recommended.
- Choose Include all users in the course or if you will have multiple registers, changing the selection to Include all users in the following groups/sections will allow you to limit the students in the register to a specific section or group.
- Determine how many class meetings you will have this term and add the needed rows to the sessions list.
- Enter a Session Name for each row.NOTE: Keeping the names short and generic keeps the register compact and reusable without need for editing each term, such as W1.1, W1.2, W2.1, W2.2, W3.1, etc for a Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs class. And if you have a weekly lab, L1, L2, etc...
- Click Save, Close.NOTE: You cannot save the register with incomplete rows so delete any unused rows by clicking the trashcan to the right.