Using Question Libraries
Before Adding Any Questions to the Quiz
There are two ways to randomize questions. You will have the option to randomize your questions and sections with one checkbox after you add questions to the quiz. However, If you wish to randomize within more than one group of questions, such as Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc., read Randomizing Quiz Questions before you import any questions.
Importing Quiz Questions
- Click Add/Edit Questions.
- Click on a random section if you are randomizing individual groups of questions (i.e. questions grouped by chapter in an exam), rather than the whole quiz.
- Click Import.
NOTE: When you import questions from the Question Library, your quiz will contain a copy of the questions, not the original questions.
- Click From an Existing Collection under Import Source.
- Choose From an Existing Collection.
- Click Select Source Collection (contains all your Question Library folders).
- Choose Question Library or a quiz from the list.
- Click Choose a section from which to import under Source Section (Select the question folders you want or Collection Root).
Questions should now appear listed below your selections.
- Select the quiz questions to include in the import.
- Click Save, Done.
Randomizing All Questions
You will now have the option to randomize your questions and sections with one click.
- Check the box entitled: “Shuffle order of questions at the quiz level.”
This option also shuffles the order of sections existing at the quiz level.
- Enter a value in the Questions per page field to indicate how many questions to display per page.
NOTE: Limiting the number of questions available at a time is less overwhelming than placing an entire quiz on one page. This also forces students to save their answers as they go.
You can also choose to prevent users from moving backward through pages once they have left a page of 1 or more questions.
- Once you have made selections, click Save. You will notice the shuffle icon now appears next to each question.