Special Access Permissions
Special access permissions allow you to set different availability dates and times for specific users. For example, you could extend the deadline for users who require remedial help or who are submitting work beyond the original scope of the dropbox folder. You can also add special access after a dropbox folder’s end date has passed for users who have a legitimate excuse for missing the deadline or for users you want to submit additional material, such as planning notes or a bibliography.
Add special access permissions to a dropbox folder.
- On the New Folder or Edit Folder page, click on the Restrictions tab.
- Select one of the following:
- Allow users with special access to submit files outside the normal availability dates for this folder.
- Allow only users with special access to see this folder.
- Click Add Users to Special Access.
NOTE: Dropbox folder availability dates appear by default in Calendar. If you delete the dropbox folder, its availability dates disappear from the course calendar. If you restore the dropbox folder, its availability dates reappear in the course calendar.
- On the Special Access page, select the Date Availability you want special access users to have.
- Use the View By option and Search For field to locate the users you want to give special access to.
- Select the check box beside each appropriate user’s name.
- Click Save.
Edit or delete special access
Once you have added special access permissions for users they are listed in the Special Access section. You can edit or delete users’ special access by clicking the Edit or Remove special access icons beside their names.