Instructors often have supporting documents and files that the students need to complete an assignment. These can be attached to the dropbox. The students will be able to download and save them.
- In the dropbox you have already created, scroll down to the area that says "Attached Files."
- You will see the options to Add Attachment, Record Audio, and Record Video.
- Click on Add Attachment.
- In the dropdown list, choose File, Link or Existing Activity.
If you choose "File":
- Click on the Upload button.
- Choose the files that you want to add to the dropbox (you can add as many files as you like).
- Click Open.
- Wait until the files finish loading.
- Click the blue Add button at the bottom left of the window.
- All of your attached files will now be listed below Attachments.
- To delete a file, simply click the red ‘X’ beside it.
If you choose "Link":
- Enter the full URL (which must contain the prefix "http://" or "https://").
- You can get the full link by copying the link from the address bar in your browser.
- Enter the name of the link.
- Click "Insert."
- To delete a URL, simply click the red ‘X’ beside it.
If you choose "Existing Activity":
- Select the tool category from the Insert Quicklink window that contains the item that you want to add.
- Select the individual item from the next Insert Quicklink window.
- In the next Insert Quicklink window, you may edit the Title to be a meaningful link and choose a target.
- Whole Window: opens the page full screen.
- Same Frame: replaces the current page content with the new link.
- New Window: will open the link in a new browser window.
- To delete a tool, simply click the red ‘X’ beside it.
- Save and Close the dropbox.