A WebEx meeting is an online meeting that allows you to meet with other people, virtually, without leaving your home or office. The meetings require a computer with Internet access. After logging into the meeting, participants will be able to see the presenter's computer screen.
Scheduling a Meeting from the WebEx Website
- Go to http://lonestar.webex.com.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, click on the Log In button.
- Enter your username and password in the screen that appears.
- In the left-hand navigation column, choose Schedule a Meeting.
- On the schedule a meeting screen, you can set basic options for the meeting:
- Enter a topic for the meeting (required).
- Enter and confirm a password that people will need in order to join the meeting (required).
Note: This is a password you create to distribute to meeting participants. Do not use your personal password here! This should be a short, easy to remember password.
- Set the date, time, and duration of the meeting.
- Check the “Send a copy of the invitation email to me”
- Click on the Change audio conference link and choose Use VoIP only.
- Click the Schedule Meeting button to schedule your meeting.
Inserting Your Meeting Link into Brightspace
You will receive an email from WebEx that has a link to the meeting in it. You will need to copy and paste this link, as well as the meeting password, into your Brightspace class.
- Right click on the text that says “Join WebEx meeting.”
- Choose “Copy Hyperlink” from the menu.
- In a module in your Brightspace class, choose New > Create a File.
- Give your file a name.
- Click on the Quicklink icon and choose URL.
- Paste your copied link, and type in the text you want to use for the link. Select New Window and click the Insert button.
- Make sure you include the password in below the link so students can access the WebEx session, then click the Publish button.