The Merge Course Sections form allows you to combine multiple section rosters into one Brightspace course.
To Merge Sections (Classlists)
- Sign in to your D2L course and click the VTAC Support link in the navbar.
- In the Self-Service column under the Course Design heading, click Merge Course Sections to open the form.
- In the new window that opens, the first panel will show all your courses; the course and term you are in are highlighted in blue.
- The second panel will show you all the secondary courses that are available to merge with that primary course. Click all sections that you want to be combined.NOTE: This process is difficult to reverse so make sure you are choosing the correct sections. If unsure contact LSC-Online staff through VTAC.
- The third panel shows you a summary of what you have chosen - which secondary courses will be merged into the primary course.
- When the merge is performed, the secondary courses are deleted, and any content or student data in them is lost.
- If you have any doubts, stop now and look at the email and tools of the secondary course(s).
- Click the Merge Rosters button at the bottom right of the screen to merge your rosters.
Processing should only take a few moments but wait until you see an alert message that says the process is complete.
- Close the alert.